- The recession will continue throughout the year - unemployment will rise to 8.8%.
- The credit crisis will continue and as a result the economy (as measured by GDP) will continue to contract throughout the year by 0.3%.
- The price of oil, despite production cuts by OPEC will remain low - around $35 per barrel.
- Obama's approval rating will remain above 62% for the entire year, but will drop from the current levels.
- The Big 3 bailout will proceed as if nobody cares or is paying attention.
- Norm Coleman will retain his Senate seat.
- The Back Street Boys will be #1 again.
- Gov. Blagojevich will name some names and a couple of others will be indited. If the names are high enough up the food chain, a special election may be 'imposed' on Illinois voters.
- Captain Jack Sparrow will be named as the next CEO of Fannie Mae.
- The Steelers will make it to the Superbowl (gulp).
That's probably enough rope to hang myself 10 times over. Maybe I should throw out there a few crazier ones for the sake of interest. If you've got any, feel free to post them in the comments section, comments are always most welcome - provided they aren't crude or racist wtc.
Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!